BEAVER BANK: RCMP has issued a notice of a high risk offender notification to citizens, specifically those in Beaver Bank, of the release from jail of a high risk offender.
The notice was done by N.S. RCMP in accordance with the Nova Scotia Release of High Risk Offender Information Protocol.
Adam Mitchell Cox, 31, is being released from Dorchester Penitentiary in Dorchester, N.B. today, March 25, after completing a sentence for sexual offences. He has a criminal record dating back to 2005 that includes convictions for Theft, Mischief, Breach of Probation, Sexual Interference and Sexual Assault.
Cox is described as white, five-foot-10 and 250 pounds, with hazel eyes and brown hair.
He has a 25-year prohibition from the following:
- · having contact with children under the age of 16;
- · obtaining paid or volunteer employment in a position of trust with children under the age of 16;
- · to be within 100 meters of public parks, schools;
- · to be in any place where children under 16 might reasonably be expected to be present;
- · communicating with his victims;
- · using the internet.
In addition, he will be required to follow strict conditions for a period of two years including not possessing certain types of weapons and not possessing or consuming alcohol or non-prescription drugs.
This information is provided to alert members of the public of his presence in our community so they may take suitable precautionary measures.
RCMP is warning that any form of vigilante activity or other unreasonable conduct will not be tolerated.