GRAND LAKE: A 23-year-old man from Grand Lake faces a laundry list of charges following the execution of a search warrant at a residence by RCMP on Jan. 18.
Cpl. Dal Hutchinson, Halifax District RCMP media spokesman, said RCMP and the Halifax District RCMP Street Crime Enforcement Unit (SCEU) executed a search warrant on Wednesday evening, Jan. 18.
“The search resulted in the seizure of nine firearms (some of which are restricted), 525 grams of cocaine, pepper spray, along with prohibited items and controlled substances,” said Cpl. Hutchinson.
The police activity created a bit of a stir and concern among fellow residents and neighbours in the community.
As a result of the search warrant, Dylan Taylor Kelsey, who appeared in Dartmouth Provincial Court later on Jan. 19, faces the following charges:
- 8 counts of unsafe storage of a firearm
- 10 counts of possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- 8 counts of unauthorized possession of a firearm
- 8 counts of possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
- Possession of a prohibited firearm with ammunition contrary to section 95 CC
- 2 counts of tampering with serial number of a firearm
- 10 counts of possession of a weapon obtained by commission of offence
- 11 counts of possession contrary to prohibition order contrary to section 117.01(1) CC
- 6 counts of possession of a forged document Contrary to section 368 CC
- Possession for purpose of trafficking – cocaine
- Possession for purpose of trafficking – marijuana
- Possession for purpose of trafficking – cannabis resin
- Possession for purpose of trafficking – lorazepam
- 2 counts of assault
- Assault with a weapon
- Mischief under $5,000