Community

Stories from the community

Meeting to discuss Oakfield Park bridge replacement plans

OAKFIELD: The community is being encouraged to come out and hear details on plans for the replacement of the Oakfield Park Road bridge. In a notice to residents, it indicates that the meeting is scheduled...

#Election2019 Candidate Profile: Get to know Kevin Copley

Copley is running for the Conservatives in Sackville-Preston-Chezzetcook Name: Kevin Copley Community: Beaver Bank (Sackville-Preston-Chezzetcook) Family: I was born in a small Cape Breton community to loving, hard-working parents. I am the grandson of a...
Laker-editorial

#Election2019 Candidate profile: Get to know NDP’s Matt Stickland

Stickland vying for MP Darrell Samson's seat in Oct. federal election Name:Matt Stickland Community: Live in Lawrencetown, running in Sackville Preston Chezzetcook Family: I have been married for four years; my wife and I have a son,...

Lower speed limit extended to Holland Road

FLETCHERS LAKE: Motorists along Highway 2 in Fall River and Fletchers Lake will have to ease off the gas for just a bit longer. Recently, the speed limit of 60 kilometres/hour which was installed along...
Laker-COMMUNITY

BBKCC announces Chase the Ace changes

BEAVER BANK: There’s some new twists as Chase the Ace at the Beaver Bank-Kinsac Community Centre (BBKCC) hits the fall season. Recently, the BBKCC announced that tickets for Chase the Ace can be purchased anytime...

Streatch, Blackburn echo concerns of CFL stadium on HRM taxpayers

BEAVER BANK: Two local councillors have no will to see a CFL stadium built in Shannon Park if it means HRM writing a cheque and taxpayers being what they see as unduly impacted. Lisa Blackburn,...

Police snag four impaired drivers in five hour span

HAMMONDS PLAINS: During an almost five hour stretch between Sept. 26 and Sept. 27, Halifax District RCMP nabbed four impaired drivers as a result of concerned callers who called 911 to let police known...

Regional centre, RCMP explain protocol when it comes to threats at schools

After rumour left parents worried, The Laker asked HRCE and police about process FALL RIVER: The Halifax Regional Centre for Education (HRCE) and Halifax District RCMP take threats towards the safety of staff...

Motorcyclist sustains minor injuries in Fall River collision

FALL RIVER: A motorcyclist was taken to hospital with what was believed to be non-life-threatening injuries after a two vehicle collision on Hwy 2 by Coach Ave. mid-afternoon on Sept. 22. Traffic was slowed near...

RCMP Stetsons and Spurs looking for youth in area

BEAVER BANK: Are you a youth from Lower Sackville, Fall River, Tantallon, Bedford or the surrounding area? Interested in learning about policing while making a difference in your community? If this sounds like you or...
Translate »