HALIFAX: Visitor restrictions are in place at all NSHA facilities to help to prevent the spread of COVID-19. These restrictions are reviewed and updated as needed.
As of May 22, 2020, the following exceptions to visitor restrictions have been added:
- Two support people for:
- people receiving palliative care or medical assistance in dying
- children admitted to hospital
- labour and birth
- One support person for:
- children in outpatient settings
- patients who need assistance, including but not limited to cancer care, some emergency, outpatient or critical care situations, discharge planning (a healthy person to pick up discharged patients)
- patients with significant cognitive or physical disabilities who need an essential support person in order to receive care
If you have questions about these exceptions, please talk to your care team.
If you feel unwell (fever/chills/sweats, new cough or a cough that’s getting worse, sore throat, runny nose/nasal congestion, headache or shortness of breath) or are waiting for results of COVID-19 test results, please do not visit.