FALL RIVER: Here’s a look at how our athletes who donned the Team N.S. jersey did at the Canada Games in Winnipeg, Mb.
(This does not include the women’s soccer bronze medal for Taylor Green and Syd Kennedy and Cheema’s Mark Wiseman results as both of those had separate stories done previously).
– Waverley’s Mark Marshalko, canoe/kayak, had a big Canada Games. He earned silver in K-1, 5,000-metre; K-2, 200-metres; K-4, 200 metres; and K-4, 1,000 metres. He took home gold in K-2, 1,000 metres with Jacob Steele.
– Brandon MacKeigan, Nick Gravel, Rory White helped Team N.S. to a seventh place finish in the men’s baseball competition.
– Hannah Cahill of Fall River and her Team N.S. women’s softball team placed ninth of 10 teams.
– Bridget Deveau came home in fifth position, one of the heptathlon finishes in the sport for a Team Nova Scotia athlete at the Games. She was also ninth in javelin.
– Waverley’s Bella Willet came home in ninth place in the female high jump.
– Tori Haworth of Waverley and Micaela Sabean of Bridgewater lost in the bronze medal game to finish fourth in the beach volleyball competition. It’s the best beach volleyball result for N.S. at the Games. They had a strong run.
– Lewis Dye and Scott Firth competed with Team N.S. in men’s soccer, who came home seventh in the Canada Games.
– Ashleigh Marshall of Fall River helped the women’s basketball team come home with a seventh place finish.
– Anna Hetzler was a coach for the canoe/kayak team at the Games.