Covid-19 Update for Businesses.
Starting Friday the 31st, masks will now be mandatory in designated public indoor spaces.
The indoor spaces are as follows:
- Retail businesses.
- Shopping centres.
- Personal services businesses, such as hair and nail salons, spas, body art facilities, except during services that require removing a mask.
- Restaurants and bars, except while people are eating or drinking.
- Places of worship or faith gatherings.
- Places for cultural or entertainment services or activities, such as movie theatres, concerts and other performances.
- Places for sports and recreational activities, such as a gym, pool or indoor tennis facility, except while doing an activity where a mask cannot be worn.
- Places for events, such as conferences and receptions.
- Municipal or provincial government locations offering services to the public.
- Common areas of tourist accommodations, such as lobbies, elevators and hallways.
- Common areas of office buildings, such as lobbies, elevators and hallways, but not private offices.
- Public areas of a university or college campus, such as library or student union building, but not classrooms, labs, offices or residences.
Follow this link for a related article and the announcement video.
We are hiring!
Job Start Date: September 1, 2020
Visit this link for more information.
Are you a resident or an individual with a passion for the East Hants and districts area? The East Hants & Districts Chamber of Commerce is currently seeking an Assistant Chamber Coordinator to join our team. This position is ideal for an individual who would thrive in a community focused business and dynamic organization. The Assistant Chamber Coordinator will be responsible for working alongside the Chamber Coordinator to carry out various tasks associated with the position. This is a part time position with working hours between 15 and 20 per week.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
- A combination of education and experience will be considered; however, preference will be given to individuals with 2 or more years of experience with Business/Office Administration and Bookkeeping
- Experience working in a not for profit organization would be an asset but not required
How to Apply:
Please email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Only those chosen for an interview will be notified.
Internet for Nova Scotia Initiative
East Hants is actively supporting Develop Nova Scotia on the Internet for Nova Scotia Initiative. Four projects in the East Hants area have been identified under Phase One of the initiative, including locations in Enfield and Nine Mile River, Noel, Kennetcook, and Walton.
More information on the project and locations can be found on our website under the Internet for Nova Scotia Initiative.
What is Atlantic IMPRESSIONS?
- It’s an opt-in Insight Community specifically for Atlantic Canadian businesses.
- Participants include CEOs, executives, leaders, entrepreneurs, business owners large and small, and professionals in all sectors across Atlantic Canada.
- Members engage and provide their impressions on subjects like economic landscape, government policy and regulations, and many other concerns or opportunities facing business in Atlantic Canada.
- Data gathered through Atlantic IMPRESSIONS is contextualized and shared with government and back to participating Insight Community members. It informs our advocacy efforts and policy process
Sign up here
Fall 2020 Workplace Education Programs!
The East Hants Chamber of Commerce is happy to announce that we will be offering our fall 2020 Workplace Education Programs online.
We are offering six, 40 hour essential business skills programs to business owners, managers and employees in the East Hants area. These training programs are valued at up to $5,000 and are offered to businesses either free or at a very low cost. Invest your time to learn skills essential for your business. Call today 902-883-1010, email info@ehcc,ca or visit our website for more information.
Fall 2020 programs – Deadline for applications is September 7th.
Program Start Dates
- Dollars & ‘Sense’–Tuesdays for 10 weeks starting September 22nd, 8:30 am –12:30 pm.
- Transformational Leadership Level 2 –Wednesdays for 10 weeks starting September 23rd, 8:30 am – 12:30 pm.
- Strategic Marketing– Wednesdays for 10 weeks starting September 23rd, 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm.
- Using Social Media to Build Your Business – Fridays for 11 weeks starting September 25th, 8:30 am – 12:00 pm.
- MicroSoft Office 365 – Your Business Online – Mondays for 11 weeks starting September 21st, 8:30 am –12:00pm.
- Project Management Essentials- Tuesdays for 10 weeks starting September 22nd, 1:00pm –5:00 pm.
For more information and to apply visit: https://www.ehcc.ca/upcoming-essential-business-skills-programs/
Join Us For a Virtual Coffee Hour, the First Wednesday of Every Month
Please join us virtually with a cup of coffee from home or curbside delivery for a casual meeting with local businesses like yourself.
Reconnect, discuss issues and share ideas. Hear what others have been doing during these uncertain times.
Wednesday August 5th.
Once registered you will receive a link to the event on Wednesday afternoon. Please tell your friends, business partners and colleges. All are welcome!
Coping With Stress During These Unprecedented Times.
Dr. Marie Josette Durup, the Public Education Coordinator for the Association of Psychologists of Nova Scotia sent in this information to share with our members to help cope with stress during covid-19.
Please click here to read how to cope with stress.
Resources for Members
NSCC is now offering business support during the pandemic! see how they can help you by visiting them here.
Buying and Selling PPE Overview
To assist businesses and other organizations in reopening and sourcing of Personal Protective Equipment (“PPE”), the Province has established the Nova Scotia Workplace PPE Supplier Directory.
Follow this link for a complete directory of PPE suppliers in Nova Scotia.
Resources for updates and guidelines.
The Finance Minister, Bill Morneau, Last week announced proposed changes to the CEWS support.
For all updates and to review the proposed changes visit:
Approved plans for reopening by the Nova Scotia government can be found here: www.novascotia.ca. This will get updated as industry sector plans get approved.
A general resource page for reopening with links to info and government guidance can be found here: www.novascotia.ca/reopeningnovascotia
______________________________________________________________________________________________________ We currently have no webinars scheduled. Get caught up! Then look at our Fall 2020 Workplace Education Programs for Fall 2020 If you have missed any of our webinars please visit www.ehcc.ca/webinar-series/ ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Webinar Series for Businesses During COVID-19
The EHCC is organizing a series of FREE webinars that would benefit the business community during this time of social distancing. The idea is to provide the tools and knowledge for businesses to pivot the business platform, to be better prepared when the State of Emergency is lifted and to help them spend this time productively.
We need your help!
The Chamber is looking for those who are experts in their field and who have content that would benefit small businesses in this time of crisis.
Do you have information that could assist businesses during this time?
Do have solutions that may help other businesses?
If you’re interested in hosting a webinar for the business community, please email your topics with a brief outline of the content to firstname.lastname@example.org.