HALIFAX: Applications for Sport Nova Scotia’s Parasport Program Loan initiative opened on October 17.
The funding will expand parasport opportunities to underserviced communities across the province by creating an avenue to deliver programs on a trial basis.
By reducing the financial barriers associated with purchasing equipment, communities throughout Nova Scotia will gain knowledge and experience to confidently deliver accessible sport programming in their regions.
- Successful applicants will receive all of the required equipment, volunteer training and program guides specific to their sport.
- Each program is completely free and runs for six weeks.
- Applications open on October 17 on the Sport Nova Scotia website, sportnovascotia.ca/funding-programs-and-eligibility .
Applicants can choose to apply for any of the six programs.
- Para hockey
- Wheelchair basketball
- Wheelchair tennis
- Wheelchair curling
Organizations that are eligible to apply include:
- Community sport organizations
- Non-profit organizations already involved with parasport
Sport Nova Scotia
- Sport Nova Scotia is a voice for amateur sport that promotes the benefits of health, personal development and achievement of all participants. We’re a non-profit, non-government organization representing approximately 60 provincial sport organizations and more than 160,00- member Nova Scotians.